What it takes to be a lawyer
So you have decided to embark on the path to being a lawyer. But before you do so, the below points offered the good & bad on being a lawyer in Singapore and aim to give you a different perspective on it.
The good side of being a lawyer
- When you are a lawyer, you always feel like you are the reason of your country being great.
- Lawyers contribute to their own fields as patriots.
- A lawyer is always termed to be a well educated and articulate person in the society.
- Lawyers write persuasively by the use of logic and then discuss every topic that comes up thoughtfully and analytically.
- They are intellectually curious that is they want to acquire more knowledge and update it to the modern or current trends.
- Lawyers value excellence in whatever they do, in themselves or doing to others. This is brought about because they have sworn to uphold the process of justice.
- They have sworn to keep clients’ confidences, even from each other.
- Lawyers also love working together because they believe if they do so, the sum is much greater than the parts.
- I can’t forget to mention that lawyers are among the best-paid experts in the legal industry and most advocates earn remunerations well above the national average.
The bad side of being a lawyer
- The career is exhausting when done through one’s life. This is because one will always find herself/himself in the midst of trying to solve a conflict.
- The task that lawyers have of reading and trying to remain with current information is enormous.
- It is always a hard thing for the lawyers to leave their work at the office, and they carry it home too. This is because the profession is stressful and requires a high level of thinking.
- Some attorneys give lawyers hard criminals who they should negotiate for in court. This gives lawyers had time in court with their clients and the opposing side. They need to master all the details and beat the deadline provided by the court.